- Allow stress to control you
Learn to cope with stress through yoga, meditation, change of lifestyle, and proper nutrition
- Postpone doctor’s visits
People who suffer from decrease in thyroid gland function need to do blood tests at least every 6 months, whereas doctors recommend 3 to 4 months.
- Keep results for yourself
Listen to their advices, and never do things on your own initiative
- Skipping medications intake
Unless it is otherwise advised by the doctor, never skip your medications. Take medications on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before a meal and never take your medications with tea, coffee or anything else, except water.
- Raw vegetables consumption
Avoid eating vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, since they are not recommended for people who suffer from decreased thyroid function. These vegetables have substances known as glucosinolates which stop the synthesis of the thyroid gland.
It does not have any positive effects and its use could lead to serious diseases.
- Consuming high amounts of soya
Although soya products are not unhealthy, it is recommendable that people with decreased thyroid gland function always consult their physician before they consume soya products, since they could affect the thyroid gland.
- Tying every other symptom you experience to decrease in thyroid gland function Regardless of the symptoms you experience, they do not have anything to do with the thyroid gland and always consult your physician.
- Taking any type of medications without previously consulting a doctor
It is recommendable that patients suffering from any kind of disease or disorder consult their physician before taking any medications.